AccraSpeed Trainer - Pitch with improved power and speed, and Bat speed is key.
Improve your pitching and bat speed and timing using the AccraSpeed Trainer. Feel what a full finish should feel like and increase power incrementally.
This amazing patented single product, AccraSpeed Sports Trainer, may be used by every sports member of the family to develop and improve performance in Softball, Baseball, Tennis, Golf or any other sport that involves outward centrifugal force. Product offers four levels of training • Warm-up • Technique /Rhythm /Tempo • Strength/Endurance • Consistency.
Unlike radar the AccraSpeed Sports Trainer is wearable like a watch and responds to outward centrifugal force. Also unlike radar the AccraSpeed Sports Trainer supplies instant audible feed back information not just at the end of a mechanical drill (AKA) the pitch, but helps develop the pitch mechanics from start to finish. Radar supplies the end result of the pitch (AKA) ball speed. What radar does not do is supply vital information to inform the pitcher or instructor what part of the pitch did or did not develop the required energy (outward centrifugal force) that produced the end resulting ball speed. Therefore by using only radar it’s difficult at best to identify areas of the pitch that need attention to correct problems in the pitch that would improve ball speed and consistency. Universities and academies now using the AccraSpeed Sports Trainer have identified and improved areas in their pitch mechanics that resulted in both a higher percent of ball to target accuracy and ball speed.
So the questions is – are you serious enough to develop all areas of your pitch to improve your power, accuracy, consistency and ball speed or are you content to continue guessing at what you think you’re doing right and settle for half the information…only ball speed ?
AccraSpeed Trainer Applications for softball - Pitching and Hitting
See all videos below
EXAMPLE – Girls fastpitch softball -
change up and off speed pitch
The Accraspeed Trainer measures centrifugal force and gives the athlete an audible "chirping noise" feedback. The more centrifugal force created by an action such as the pitching arm circle the louder and longer the audible "chirp" is. The Accraspeed can then be adjusted to help determine many key components to pitching and develop consistency for: 1. Maximum arm speed 2. Max arm speed compared to arm speed of a change up or off-speed pitch....which is critical for the effectiveness of these pitches 3. Throwing for location while achieving max arm speed (simulation of game speed pitching) 4. Working on key mechanical aspects of pitching such as arm whip, internal rotation, and brush interference.
Here are a few YouTube videos that will introduce you to some of the applications for this great training tool. Notice it is great for both pitching and hitting.
Introduction To AccraSpeed Trainer
AccraSpeed Drills For Pitching
AccraSpeed Drills For Hitting
There has not been a changeup pitching tool that informs the pitcher of arm speed until the introduction of the AccraSpeed Trainer. It informs the pitcher immediately by audible chirp of arm speed for fastball and changeup without stopping in-between pitches. The goal is to produce the same arm speed and audible chirp for both fast and changeup pitches and the AccraSpeed Trainer is the pitch training tool that does just that. Use it to develop the mechanics of the changeup pitch and to develop muscle memory too deceive the batter. It is a coach when used between coaching lessons and team practice to develop and maintain consistent changeup pitch arm speed.
- 1. Simulate game type conditions: Measure and compare arm speed on each different type of pitch (fastball, dropball, riseball, curveball, screwball, etc.). Record the maximum setting on the AccraSpeed.
- A. Attempt to simulate game conditions by achieving Xnumber of consecutive chirps.
- B. Score location accuracy while simulating these game type conditions. The pitcher must achieve a chirp to receive a location score.
- C. Measure and record setting for game speed fastball/dropball.
- A. Attempt to achieve the same setting while throwing a changeup. The intent is to have the arm speed for both pitches to be identical so as to not tip off the hitter.
- B. Whatever level of arm speed is achieved on the change up (typically will be lower than the fastball arm speed) the pitcher must attempt to achieve that level on X number of consecutive pitches.
- C. The pitcher should work to get the changeup setting as close as possible to the fastball setting.
- D. Measure fastball pitch speed relative to maximum arm speed setting on the AccraSpeed. Note that a high arm speed may not equate to a high ball speed. If there is a deficiency in ball speed then there are several pitching mechanical criteria that can be focused on for improvement. Since the maximum arm speed chirp happens right at the arm enters the release zone this narrows the list of criteria to focus on. Below are those criteria:
- A. Brush Interference of the forearm to the throwing side thigh.
- B. Internal Rotation of the forearm, wrist, and fingers.
- C. Finger Position on the ball (directly behind the ball is optimal for speed).
- D. Finger Snap or lack thereof is key to speed.
- E. Depth of Ball Placement in the hand.
- F. Number of Fingers on the ball grip (4,3, or two)
- G. Grip Strength is key to snapping the fingers.
- H. Release Point is important in the energy transfer efficiency.
- I. Elbow Bend during the release action is an important criterion in energy transfer.
- J. Hip Resistance is a significant key to energy transfer.
- K. Shoulder Rotation Resistance is a significant key to energy transfer.
- 4. A low arm speed setting but high ball speed measurement would indicate good energy transfer…….so the goal for this pitcher is to increase the arm speed to help achieve even higher ball speeds.
- 5. Measure arm speeds to ball spin rates. Is there a correlation or training point that the AccraSpeed can assist with?????
- 6. An assumption is that very similar training advantages as listed above would apply to baseball pitching, catcher pop times, running speed via increased arm pump speed, and others.
- 1. Record the maximum AccraSpeed settings from several hitting/drill positions. It is important to focus a portion of training on “training at game speed”. Does the hitters bat speeds at their drill positions equal the live pitching speeds?
- A. Tee hitting
- B. Front toss
- C. Self-toss
- D. Live pitching
- 2. Achieve X number of consecutive swings achieving a chirp at the highest recorded setting.
- 3. The hitter should continually attempt to increase bat swing speed through improving swing mechanics and/or strength and conditioning. i.e.
- A. Wrist cocking and uncocking
- B. Core torque/rotation exercises
- C. Connection
- D. Grip strength
- 4. Correlate the maximum AccraSpeed setting achieved to “Launch To Contact Time”.
- a. Measure LTC using a high speed camera (300 fps) when the swing speed was at the maximum achieved AccraSpeed setting.
- b. Improve swing mechanics then measure both LTC and bat swing speed to verify that your training drills are helping achieve your goals.
- c. Identify swing mechanical flaws. Work drills to eliminate the flaws and track both LTC and AccraSpeed bat swing speed.
- 5. Correlate the timing and length of the chirp to identify what/why the bat swing speed or LTC is not at the level desired. The maximum bat speed should be achieved about 3 inches prior to contact and into contact. Chirping at times different then that should give an indication of what area of swing mechanics to work on. Adjusting the settings on the AccraSpeed (usually lower the setting) may help in identifying flaws.
- 6. Correlate/compare the maximum setting achievable on the following pitch criteria to a fastball down the middle. The goal should be to achieve the maximum fastball setting on each of the following.
- A. Inside/outside pitch
- B. High/low pitch
- C. Varying speed pitches ********extremely valuable info here.
AccraSpeed Spo...Want to find your personal full maximum power and arm speed? R...
Rick Pauly (Pa...AccraSpeed® Sports Trainer Want to develop improve Softball a...
AccraSpeed Tra...Promotes proper warm up, timing and technique. Simple to use a...
Bat Launch To ...The Accraspeed Trainer can be worn like a wrist watch and is s...
Calli Richards...Calli Richards shows how she keeps her arm speed consistent fo...
AccraSpeed Trainer Promo - Softball Fast pitch division one coach Rick Pauly - PaulyGirl()
AccraSpeed Trainer - Change Up Pitch Demo Drills by division one coach Rick Pauly - PaulyGirly()
AccraSpeed Sports Trainer used for Pitch Locatin Drill Demo by Rick Pauly - Pauly Girl(12:39)
Rick Pauly (Pauly Girl) Softball uses AccraSpeed Trainer for Softball Pitch Speed Drills(12:41)
AccraSpeed Trainer Hitting Mechanics Drill by division one coach Rick Pauly - PaulyGirl(12:30)
Bat Launch To Contact Time with AccraSpeed Trainer by Rick Pauly - Paylygirl fastpitch(17:34)
Calli Richards shows her Drop and Change up pitch arm speeds using the AccraSpeed Trainer(00:52)
Hearing is believing
Posted by Unknown on 6th Oct 2017
I love this product and would recommend for every pitcher no matter the level. My daughter already gained 5 mph in the first week. This gives feedback without her losing concentration. I wish I had ordered sooner!!!
A new way to measure pitchers
Posted by John Stegmaier on 26th Sep 2017
I have been a pitching instructor for 28 years. It is my belief that when you can measure an aspect of pitching (like velocity or revolutions) that you can get a pitcher to work on improving it. Pitchers are competitive by nature and will even compete with themselves. the Accraspeed gets pitchers to compete with themselves on the rate at which they bring their arm through. This was exactly what I was looking for. I have not seen any other device that can do this.
the best help for change ups
Posted by Unknown on 18th Jun 2016
The change up has been the most challenging pitch for our daughter. She broke through to the next level after using the accraspeed just one time. Her arm speed is now more consistent and the change comes in nice and flat before tailing down at the plate. I wish we tried this product much earlier ... It would have saved a lot of time. The only negative is the band irritated her skin. The solution... Pre wrap. I highly recommend this product if your pitcher struggles with the change!
Posted by Rick Pauly on 1st Jan 2015
Great audible for instant feedback to the pitcher. It is like having another coach giving feedback.